Sunday, July 19, 2015

Teacher Extraordinaire No. 1 - Fiona Paltridge

Well as the word says
extraordinaire 'is a great way to describe someone who does something particularly well'
we have been fortunate enough for FIONA PALTRIDGE to say YES!!! and be one of next years amazing teachers at our retreat....

When looking for possible instructors,  I asked for recommendations of someone who would get beside people, make them feel special, show them techniques that they haven't had the courage to try before and be able to just fit in and be one of us for the weekend.    This lovely lady was recommended to me by a number of you and i can't say how delighted i am that she has accepted...

So without saying anything further - i will let her introduce herself to you all....


Hi! My name is Fiona 
& I live in Mount Gambier in South Australia 
with my husband and ADHD fox terrier Xander . 
I have 2 adult children who have both moved away to pursue their careers. 
I have been a scrapbooker for over 15 years now 
but I have only recently discovered the online world 
of challenges & design teams! 

I'm enjoying meeting so many amazing & talented people 
& having a chance to share my love of creating 
as well as being exposed to a never-ending stream of ideas, 
techniques & wonderful creations from my online compatriots. 

My work is often contemporary 
& I absolutely love using mixed media in my projects 
but I have been known to create some traditional pieces too . 
Since I've discovered modelling paste, gesso, sprays & watercolours
 I have loved using them in everything I create! 

I currently design for teams both in Australia and Internationally. 
They include Scrappy Chat Designs Kit Club, Scrap Around the World, 
Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo, 7 Dots Studio and 2 Crafty Chipboard. 
 have also recently guest designed for 13 Arts 
and Limor Webber Designs 

and if I wasn't busy enough already, 
I am also a current Scrapbooking Memories Master 
for Scrapbook Memories Magazine.


My real job ....... I'm an early childhood educator 
and Director of a child care centre so all in all I'm a very busy lady! 

I am really looking forward to sharing 
and learning as part of the Ummasked retreat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment